Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dalí: Painting and Film




June 29-September 15, 2008 the MoMA is having an exhibit on Salvador Dalí, exploring the role that cinema had on his work. Dalí is one of, if not my absolute, favorite artist and I am really excited to see what they do with this exhibit (although I think it may be hard to be any better than the PMA's exhibit that I saw in 2005). They have definitely chosen an interesting and unique way to explore his work and I highly recommend checking it out. Seeing one of his works on its own is incredible but in exhibit that displays over 100 of his pieces in context is absolutely mind-blowing.

Dalí: Painting and Film

2 comments:

liz said...

blah i wanna go, my daddy and i love dali. p.s. how exciting are allll the super commercialized sex and the city ads on tv?? i am psyched.

Taryn said...

come hooome and we'll go together :)

and seriously the day that movie comes out is going to be the best day of my life. along with the day that i see it with you!