Thursday, April 17, 2008

Burberry Spring/Summer 08



While in general I have really liked and appreciated the direction Christopher Bailey has taken since he has been Burberry's creative director, I really can't get past something lately. That SOMETHING is Agyness Deyn... who I think pretty single handedly ruined Burberry's otherwise fantastic and fun spring/summer 08 ad campaign. While this season's collection is sometimes slightly too embellished, I did really like it. And I totally understand the direction Bailey is trying to continue to take Burberry in, and I even understand the androgenous appeal of the campaign, but I wish just one time Agyness would have closed her mouth during the photoshoots. And I wish that I didn't now feel like that amazing teal trenchcoat belongs on a lanky male with bad eye makeup. I haven't always disliked her so much but ugh I just can't take it anymore... the campaign is *almost* as bad as Balengiaca's with Jennifer Connelly (ew). And to end my rant... she should have stuck with the brunette hair for a little while longer:

No comments: