Thursday, November 13, 2008

10 SHOWS CELEBRATING 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF 1999 CLASSIC

Jimmy Eat World will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its classic Clarity by playing the album in its entirety for 10 one-time-only shows beginning February 23 in New York City and concluding March 7 in the band's native Arizona.

And you knoooow I got my tickets during the pre-sale this morning. February 25, 2009 at the Trocadero I will be seeing the greatest tour that I could ever dream up (OK, besides a Beatles reunion tour, but I am trying to be realistic). It is safe to say Clarity has been and always will be one of the most important albums I have heard in my entire life. Uhm, hi:

Every single song on that album has so much meaning to me, and so many people of our generation. The best thing in the world is when I meet someone and they KNOW why I have a tattoo that says Clarity. Jimmy Eat World fans, particularly from the Clarity days, are completely a part of something... they have brought so many of my friends and I closer together.
If Jimmy Eat World's Clarity is not in your Top 10 favorite albums (I am tempted to say Top 5...) then you are not leading a fulfilled life.
Since I found out about this tour all I can do is listen to Clarity. Do yourself a favor and watch, in awe, this video of a remix of 'A Sunday' that they filmed in one take in Japan...

SO EXCITED!

No comments: